Do you want to join an established, 10+ year-old team that operates like a startup? At Velocity Squared, we use the latest technologies to solve unique challenges for our customers, and we have fun doing it.
Velocity Squared is an established IT solutions and application hosting firm with offices in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles, Louisiana. We have a ten-year-plus track record of success providing services to small- and mid-sized companies in the photography, image processing, and print fulfillment industries, as well a wide range of others including non-profits, government agencies, and industrial customers. We count among our clients one of the leading photo labs in the US and the top two graduation photographers in the nation. Combined, our customers photograph more than 2,500 commencement ceremonies and 1.5 million graduates annually.
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Lake Charles, LA
- Tallahassee, FL
- Or, Telecommute (occasional travel to Louisiana may be required)
Help design, build, and support world-class, high traffic web-based and desktop/server applications using Visual Studio and the .NET Framework, primarily targeted at the photography, image processing, and photo finishing industry.
- Experience with in one or more of the following areas:
- Backend Software Development (C# or a similar language/platform)
- Database Design and Management
- Systems Management (Virtualization, Server Management, Load Balancing, etc.)
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States.
- Experience collecting and documenting software requirements.
- Experience writing software specifications.
- Experience leading a team.
- We are software developers and provide the right tools for the job -- version control, defect tracking, and many other functions -- including a handful of tools built by our team.
- We provide a casual, comfortable work environment.
- Everyone here has a fast, hand-made computer with (at least) two LCDs, a high-end SSD, and the latest generation processor.
- Most weeks we go to lunch together at least once and the company picks up the tab.
- We offer 10 paid holidays and 10 paid vacation days in your first year.
- We offer paid healthcare, dental, and life insurance, and an employer-matched SIMPLE IRA.
- On a quarterly basis, we provide feedback to let you know how you're doing and we ask for feedback from you so that we can improve.
- Most of the applications we develop are hosted on our enterprise-grade Dell and Cisco equipment located at a Tier IV data center in Baton Rouge.
- Like everyone else, we have a fridge stocked with free drinks (but ours also has beer).